The Piscataquog Land Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions to recruit, hire, promote and release from employment are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical or mental disabilities, or veteran status.
Although there are no openings at PLC at this time, we welcome your interest. Please feel free to submit your resume, which we will keep on file should a position become available. Resumes are accepted in pdf. format only, and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An internship with PLC is a great way to gain experience and learn about professional land conservation. As a small, regional land trust, PLC interns gain exposure to all of the components involved in operating successful and sustainable land protection and stewardship programs. If you are interested in serving as a PLC intern, please email a letter of interest detailing why you would like to intern at the Piscataquog Land Conservancy, your particular skills or interests and the dates you are available.
- Development Intern(s): Carry out a comprehensive update of PLC's membership database, and work with a team of volunteers to plan and host PLC's annual "Lobster by the River" fundraising event. Gain experience with database management as well as event planning, marketing, development and volunteer management all while helping support land conservation in south central NH! Note: The Lobster event may be held in late August, early September.
- FILLED! Stewardship Intern: Assist PLC's Stewardship Specialist in updating Baseline Documentation Reports to document changes to conservation lands over time. Work in the field photographing property features and attributes, restoring boundary markings and creating natural resource inventories.
- Trails Intern: Work with our volunteer trails crew to create maps and guides of existing trails, as well as carry out routine maintenance of trails on PLC's Preserves. Evaluate potential locations for new trails, and complete design and installation of new trails where appropriate and approved. Great opportunity to gain stewardship experience and spend some time outdoors this summer!
Piscataquog Land Conservancy
5A Mill St., New Boston, NH 03070
Work That Matters! At PLC, we know volunteers aren't interested in busy-work - you want to be hands-on - actively involved in protecting and stewarding conservation land. And that's what you'll do! As a PLC volunteer you'll be directly involved in conservation work and an integral part of our team. Join us! To learn more, send us an email and tell us what type of volunteer work you're interested in, what your skills or limitations are, and what your availability is. We'll use that information to match you with the perfect volunteer job. Check out a few examples below. Thank you!
- FILLED! Social Media Coordinator: 2-3 hours/week PLC is seeking a social media coordinator to develop our Facebook and Twitter presence. This ongoing volunteer opportunity requires a tech and conservation savvy individual willing to contribute sustained, consistent attention to developing PLC following. Estimated commitment: flexible schedule of 2-3 hours per week, generally but not always working from home.
- Light Clerical: 3-5 hours/week Office Assistance: Working a consistent weekly schedule in the PLC office, duties include answering phones, photocopying scanning, filing. Some on-line research.
- Sign Installation: Hours flexible Install signs identifying PLC Conservation Areas across the region. Requires use of a post hole digger and ability to lift moderately heavy signs and poles (
- Event Photographer: Hours vary Attend PLC's year-round events and snap away! Produce high resolution photographs suitable for use in PLC's print and on line publications. Experience in photo composition and candid photography needed, willingness to approach subjects for identification purposes or to choreograph shots if necessary. Shots requested may include individuals (board members, staff, volunteers), groups - at outdoor events, or teams of volunteers,profiles, group shots, candid or arranged, landscapes, wildlife, you name it!